1. To prepare the eggplant, flour each piece on all sides, shake off any excess, then coat in egg wash, followed by panko breadcrumbs. You can do this ahead of time and refrigerate if desired.
2. To fry the eggplant, heat oil in a medium nonstick fry pan to a medium high heat. Fry in batches, turning once or twice until golden brown and crunchy. Drain well over a paper towel or a drying rack on a tray.
3. Preheat a medium non-stick fry pan to a medium high-heat. Stir-fry the curry paste until fragrant, deglaze, break up and thoroughly stir through water until a sauce is forming.
4. Add all vegetables and reduce heat to a low simmer and cook until vegetables have softened through.
5. Place a bed of cooked Udon noodles followed by curry then topped with eggplant katsu, sauce and optional toppings.