1. In a wok over a medium heat, add in the vegetable oil, chili flakes, Szechuan peppercorn and the star anise. Fry the ingredients until they become aromatic and then add in the ginger and garlic.
2. Continue to fry for another minute before adding in the pork mince in to the wok. Break the minced meat in to smaller pieces and fry it till the meat has fully cooked through.
3. Remove the star anise and add in the soy sauce, honey, sesame paste, stock and vinegar and stir thoroughly.
4. Cook until the sauce has reduced slightly before removing from the heat and adding in the chili oil.
5. Prepare the noodles by cooking them as per the packet instructions and then draining them and placing them in to serving plates.
6. Spoon over some of the minced meat sauce and top with the diced cucumbers, sliced spring onions and extra chili oil or chili strands if needed!