1. Heat half of the coconut oil in a medium to large saucepan over a low heat then add onions and half of the garlic. Sauté until the onions are soft and translucent.
2. Zest lemon and then cut half of the lemon into small chunks. Add zest and lemon to the onion mixture.
3. Add tomatoes and stir then gently simmer for 5-10 minutes.
4. Heat remaining coconut oil in a frypan. Chop tempeh into chunks and when pan is hot, fry until browned. Add remaining garlic towards the end to cook but don’t burn.
5. Add coconut milk to tomato mixture and gently simmer for 5 minutes.
6. When tempeh is browned, remove from heat and wrap into foil to keep warm.
7. Boil kettle or boil water in a saucepan on the stove and add soba noodles. Do not cook noodles, just leave in water for 4 minutes to soften, then drain.
8. Chop spring onions and chili.
9. Assemble bowls: Pour tomato/coconut broth into 4 bowls, add tempeh, soba noodles, garnish with spring onions and chili. Serve with a slice of lemon.