1. Pound the pork cutlets with a meat tenderizer, season with salt and pepper. Lightly coat them with the flour, dip in the beaten egg and then coat with the breadcrumbs.
2. Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan to 180°C. Deep fry the meat until golden and cooked through. Set aside on wire rack.
3. Heat the 1 tbsp of oil in a large saucepan, fry the onion and carrot over a medium heat until softened. Add the water, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 mins. Remove from the heat then add the curry roux, in pieces, stir until completely dissolved.
4. Simmer gently for another 5 mins, stirring constantly.
5. Slice the meat and serve with the curry sauce drizzled over the cooked rice.